Customer Service Representative
|August 22, 2017 - September 13, 2017|
|Benefits:||medical, dental, and vision coverage, employer-paid life insurance, generous paid time off (13 paid holidays, sick, vacation and personal time), a no cost employer sponsored health and wellness center, and flexible spending accounts. A 401(a) retirement plan is also provided, as well as the ability to make voluntary 457 deferred compensation and Roth IRA contributions. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The City of Ferndale is seeking a Customer Service Representative. This position will be a key member of our customer service team and will assist in the management and improvement of the City Hall lobby customer experience. |
|Duties:|| Ferndale’s Customer Service Representative (CSR) staff are the “faces” of the City, providing customer service to guests of City Hall on behalf of City departments. They handle a variety of responsibilities—from taxes and utilities payments to building and code requests—ensuring that contacts with the public are positive and customer-focused. Points of service contact include in-person visits at the front counter and responding to phone calls, web forms, and emails. |
The City is currently hiring two CSR II positions:
• CSR II Finance Specialist—focusing on assisting the Finance Director and related department staff with budget, billing, invoicing, and more
• CSR II Administrative Specialist— focusing on assisting the Community and Economic Development (CED) Director and related department staff with building and permit requests, code enforcement processes, and more.
|Qualifications:||The ideal candidate will be committed to exemplary customer service, have excellent listening and phone skills, be open to new ideas, be a champion for improvement, be empathetic, have patience and |
compassion for all residents and visitors seeking assistance, and will be self-motivated. Additionally, the right candidate will exhibit a proactive approach to problem solving and training.
It will be necessary for the candidate to be able and willing to know multiple functions of the front counter and general customer service. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in accounts payable, call centers, water billing, and/or direct customer service. Clerical experience and the ability to navigate a computer, manage databases, and accept and process cash is a must. The willingness to learn and achieve goals will be necessary to succeed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must have a valid operator’s license or ability to attain one
2. Must have graduated from an accredited High School (Associate Degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred)
3. Two years of clerical experience, preferably in a municipal setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.